This service was launched with a capacity of 800.000 lines to cover all areas in Libya, aiming to ensure that all citizens, corporations and public and private companies shall get the wireless fixed phone service in the easiest manner.
It is systems known worldwide with the symbol WLL, which is an abbreviation of the used technology Wireless Local Loop.
These systems use several transmission technologies, among which the most important CDMA, which the abbreviation of the Code Division Multiple Access. By this technology all subscribers may call in the same time and with the same frequency, but with a specific code for each subscriber to distinguish it form others.
General features of CDMA systems
- Big capacities (subscribers' number) where the main switchboard capacity reaches 1.2 million subscribers.
- High accuracy and quality in sound calls.
- High speeds in transferring data (Internet).
- Quickness in installation, equipping and maintenance of the same.
How to get the service
The desirous to get the service shall submit to the nearest communications services office accompanied with the following documents:
- Personal photos.
- Copies of the ID card or passport.
- Copies of the residence certificate for non-residents.
- Amount of (LD70.500) fees of obtaining the service, and it includes (LD20) balance.
Companies and trading corporations
Copy of the residence certificate.
Copy of the commercial register or valid commercial license.
Service application form signed by the person entitled thereby.
Amount of (LD201), which is fees of obtaining the service and it includes LD100 balance.
Service payment method
The phone calls compensation is calculated for the subscriber using the prepaid system using the prepaid cards for the wire and wireless fixed phone, including the semester subscription value to which the value of the calls issued from the subscriber is added. The service is stopped for the subscriber if he did not pay the subscription value within 3 months as from the determined date.
After the antenna installation and connection of the phone receptor to the receiver, it will call the number 228, then follow the following CD steps:
1. Enter the phone number as indicated in the contract 218*** *******
2. Enter the activation code indicated in the contract.
3. Reenter the activation code.
4. Wait few time until hearing the CD sound informing you the success of the operation.
5. Performing the first call to receive the sign location from the wireless.
Calls issued from the subscriber
The subscriber may pay the service compensation through the prepaid card, or using the electric charge service available in all communications offices.
Service transfer procedures
The subscriber may transfer the phone line to another place by filling the service transfer application form and delivering it to the competent employee.
The prepaid system provides the international direct dialing (IDD) for the fixed phone lines, and several other privileges (additional services) granted to the subscriber upon his request against symbolic prices. Some thereof are granted free, after filling a special form with the subscriber's data.
The advantage of (subscriber's name change) is restricted to the submitters of documents evidencing the amendment or change of the name in a legal manner through a judicial judgment issued from the court. Nothing else is considered.
1. Number showing advantage CLIP.
2. Fax advantage IWF.
3. Internet advantage to the wireless fixed phone (Packet data service).
4. Advantage of transferring the coming calls to another line CF.
a- Immediate transfer CFU
b- Conditioned transfer CFB
• Case of no answer.
• Case of line busy.
5. Advantage of waiting or receiving two calls in a time (call waiting).
6. Advantage of stopping the receipt of calls (non-disturbance).
7. Advantage of controlling the sending with confidential SIM.
8. Advantage of gathering between three subscribers (meeting "conference call").
9. Alarm call advantage.
10. Receipt only advantage.
11. Sending only advantage.
12. Advantage of canceling the automatic call feature.
13. Advantage of canceling the internal call feature.
14. Hotline advantage.
15. Advantage of reducing the required number.
16. Advantage of storing the last calling number.
17. Advantage of transferring both the wire and wireless fixed phone.